Monday, February 1, 2016

Vogue Pattern Review: 8903

Type:Dresses
Fabric:Rayon Challis 
Pattern Description:
Loose-fitting dress has collar/mock front band, yoke, forward (no shoulder) shoulder seams, and stitched hem.
Pattern Sizing:
Sizing is WAY off! I cut 2 sizes smaller and the sleeves were 4" too long - I'm 5'11".
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Very loose and baggy.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes.
Fabric Used:
Rayon Challis
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did my usual 1.5" lengthen above the waist adjustment. I cut off 4" off the sleeve and cut a 1" wide cuff that I gathered the sleeve onto.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
No.
Conclusion:
I was looking to make a comfortable, easy work dress and this dress almost looks sloppy with out a jacket.


No comments:

Post a Comment